Trim the Tree

In addition to pledging to buy handmade gifts this holiday season, I am also incorporating more handmade decor. I especially love the idea of a tree entirely embellished with handmade ornaments. I have found tons of great creations on Etsy, Flickr & various blogs. Unfortunately, I would need at least ten large trees to hold all these fabulous finds. Until the day I have a home large enough for two trees, much less ten, I will share these with you in hopes of others enjoying them this holiday season & in years to come.

Petit Coeur has beautiful ornaments that are extravagantly embellished. The peace dove is gorgeous & I love the Scotty dog!

I would like to have one of each of the adorable ornaments by Paper Fish. The funky felt trees (pictured) & hearts are a few of my favorites.

Cookies Creations offers handmade ornaments created using polymer clay. The pink photo ornament is fun & retro and the red booty ornament is precious. Also, everything in this shop is 35% off until midnight, November 23.

I have mentioned The Small Object many times in the past. Sarah's creations are so fun & quirky; just my style! The magical elf ornaments (pictured) fit right into that delightful category. Please note that the last day to order gifts for guaranteed Christmas delivery is Friday, December 14th.

Trail Mix Designs is another Funky Finds favorite. Karyn has designed lots of fabulous cards, as well as ornaments. She recently purchased a Gocco machine, and boy has she put it to good use! She also has a great tutorial on her blog for making the stitched cards.

Tamar's Nest Pretty Things shop, another previous Funky Find, has fantastic fairytale ornaments.

The German shop Revoluzzza has adorable tree & star ornaments available.

I love vintage decor & The Hope Jar has lots of beautiful goods I want. The vintage sheet music ornaments are my favorite.

Angela of Norththreads has created lovely felt peppermint patties (pictured) & wool heart Bowlies. And I can't tell you how badly I want the vintage Rudolph!

Patchwork Pottery has lots of great ornaments that make me think of home & comfort. The pear ornament is so unique & I love the smiling gingerbread man.

I also love the bright, fun ornaments at Kaytea's Store. The felted ball ornies are just too cute!

The Cupcake Girls are some of my favorite crafters. The owls sporting Santa hats (pictured) are fabulous, as are the mushrooms!

Handmade by Lupin is another great source for felt loveliness. The polka dot bird is precious & the iced biscuits are so unique.

I know this is a long post, but honestly it only touches on all the fabulous handmade lovelies that are available online. If you'd like to make your own ornaments, check out this fantastic tutorial Elise Blaha posted. And you can see what funky handmade ornies I've been working on, if you'd like.

8 comments:

Kristen =) said...

I love those Christmas tress they are so adorable.

Anonymous said...

Wow Jessica, thanks for the mention, how kind of you! :)

I am bookmarking your blog - it's fab!

Joy

(Angie) Norththreads: said...

I love this site & thank you so much!!!***I love rudolf too!~cheers~
Angie

Karyn said...

What an awesome list and I'm so flattered to be part of it!
Thanks Jessica!

Lacey said...

jess, I loooove the site redo!

kecia deveney said...

the owl and mushroom ornaments are so darling! the thought of a homemade ornament tree is really appealing!

Unknown said...

these are all awesome finds... thanks!

monART said...

oh oh oh...these ornaments are just adorable. My aren't the owls and christmas trees just adorable!
Thanx for visiting my blog