2nd Annual Funky Finds Spring Fling - Recap Part 2

As I said before, we had so many talented artisans participate in the 2nd Annual Funky Finds Spring Fling held on March 13 in Fort Worth, Texas. I will be highlighting a few here, with more to come in the near future.

Sunday Afternoon Housewife features the funkiest Scrabble tile pendants created by Martha Latta who traveled from Indianapolis, Indiana. I felt like a bit of a mother hen worrying about Martha traveling so far, but she arrived safely & seemed to have a great time at our event. I know that other participating vendors have blogged about her & mentioned her work on Facebook, so she definitely made a good impression on her peers! You must check out Martha's blog where she chronicles her trip to Texas, including five days spent in Austin for SXSW. She was set up at the Standard Recording Company Day Party next to Jenny Hart of Sublime Stitching! I so wish I could have been there myself. Jealous!

Another fun vendor I've become friends with is Tania Cardenas of The Curious Cake Shoppe. If you're ever in need of a baby gift, this is the place to go. Tania creates the cutest diaper cakes that consist of diapers (obviously) and other items, such as receiving blankets, toys, etc. depending on the theme. I loved her setup featuring washcloth lollipops, onesie cupcakes, & washcloth truffles. Tania gladly accepts custom orders, as well. She recently began a blog for DFW area artists listing upcoming events in the region. This is a great source for important information!

Of course, not all Spring Fling vendors were women. We had several talented guys set up shop, including Nix Johnson of House of Smash. Nix screen prints cool designs on old vinyl records, then cuts them up to create funky accessories. House of Smash offers wide cuffs, as well as narrow bracelets. Nix's products can be found at a number of DFW area shops as listed on Facebook.

Jennifer Williams is the talented artist behind Blueskysunburn Creations, as well as Etsy Fort Worth's team leader. Etsy Fort Worth was a sponsor of the Spring Fling & the team member's worked together to create the funkiest swag bags that were given to the first 50 attendees to buy a minimum of five raffle tickets. The bags looked great & went fast! Jennifer had her own booth at the event showcasing her fantastic artwork. Check out her main website for more information. Also, Etsy Fort Worth is hosting their first event, Cowtown Indie Bazaar, in September.

4 comments:

Sunday Afternoon Housewife said...

Thanks so much for taking the time to feature me in your blog today! It was so fun to come down for your show and meet you (and Tania, too!). I really look forward to the chance to come back in November!

taniamc said...

I would like to second what Martha said! Thanks so much for featuring The Curious Cake Shoppe in your blog. I've said it a million times and it looks like I'm going to say it again: I had such a wonderful time at the Spring Fling and I consider myself quite lucky to have met you both!

Anonymous said...

This was a great event but... in the future can we cut down on the noise pollution with the raffle numbers being read off all-day-long?

mackyton said...

Oh my goodness! This bash looks absolutely amazing. At the garden venues in Chicago I will be hosting the fabulous birthday bash for my parent’s 50th wedding anniversary party. If you have any vintage themed décor ideas and menu suggestions, please share here!